Congress on Tolerance: Building bridges, creating bonds
The Foundation For Islamic Culture and Religious Tolerance has organized
this congress to be held in Madrid on Tuesday, November 26.
November 22, 2019
• Tolerance in religions and its relevance.
• The Islamic reality in Spain and cultural pluralism.
• Tolerance and compromise from religious and humanistic perspectives.
• The importance of tolerance and co-existence between cultures in an environment of diversity.
• Past and present of Islamic culture in Spain.
• The history of Spain and its impact on cultural integration and on building a future.
• Cultural pluralism in Spain and its role in strengthening social tolerance.
• The common paths of co-existence and contact between civilizations within the realm of cultural diversity.
• The role played by cultural foundations and research centers in strengthening the values of tolerance and citizenship.
• The requirements of civilizations to strengthen the values of tolerance and citizenship.
At the second day of the Congress on Tolerance, the program will be completed with the following workshops and round table discussions:
• Science and research projects to establish the values of tolerance and co-existence in Spain.
• Social media and communication projects to establish the values of tolerance and co-existence in Spain.
• Initiatives by experts to fight discourses of hatred and intolerance.
• Work session to discuss suggestions and results.
The Congress on Tolerance will end with the proper closing ceremony, which will include a final speech stating the most important recommendations and suggestions.