REGISTRATION OPEN FOR period Ii of 2019-20 academic year (from 1 ST TO 29 TH DECEmber)
From the 1 st of December and till the 29 th of December registration for Period II (7 th of January to 16 th of March) of 2019-20 academic year is open.
Times and group availability may be consulted here.
- Normal quarterly (30 hours/quarter) courses: from October to June.
- Normal quartely for children (24 hours/quarter) courses: from October to June.
- Intensive and semi-intensive courses (30 or 60 hours/month): in July only.
- On-demand classes or in-company courses for businesses and private students.
ARABIC COURSE TYPES AND LEVELS
- Modern Standard Arabic • AME: six year-long levels (AME I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII and VIII) each consisting of quarterly sub-levels A, B and C.
- Modern Standard Arabic for children • AME CIP (3 to 5 years old) and AME CIM (6 to 12 years old) each consisting of quarterly sub-levels A, B and C. Leven CIM will be divided in two groups depending on age.
- Moroccan Arabic (Darija) • DAR: two year-long levels (DAR I, II and III) each consisting of quarterly sub-levels A, B and C.
- Egyptian Arabic • EGP: two year-long levels (EGP I and II) each consisting of quarterly sub-levels A, B and C.
- Levantine Arabic • LEV: two year-long levels (LEV I, II and III) each consisting of quarterly sub-levels A, B and C. Variety spoken in Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Jordan.
- Conversation Courses • CONAME and CONDAR (in July only). Prerequisite: having completed sub-level C of the corresponding course level.
- Consolidation Courses • These include four sub-levels (I R, II R, III R and IV R) and are divided into two parts: 1) review of grammar, vocabulary, speaking and functional contents, and 2) review of lexical contents. Prerequisite: having completed sub-level C of the corresponding course level.
CLARIFICATIONS ON COURSE LEVELSIf you wish to register for the Language Center courses and you have studied Arabic at some prior time (in any sort of educational content, regardless of whether it was official), you must take our placement test.
If you have studied Arabic, but you only know the Arabic alphabet (letters and sounds) and a few basic notions (greetings, introductions, etc.), you should directly sign up for level AME I B.
If you have studied at the Language Center before and less than one year has gone by, you need not take the placement test (you can register for the level subsequent to the last level you successfully completed). If more than one year has elapsed, you must take the placement test.
PRACTICAL INFORMATIONThe classes are given at the Casa Árabe headquarters in Madrid.
In order to create a group, a minimum number of eight students must register, and a course will only begin if the required number of students sign up.
Once the Language Center has confirmed that the group will be created, there will be no refund of any registration fees.
If the group which you initially requested is not formed, then you may select one of other groups that has been created or ask to have the full registration fee refunded.
Contact InformationIf you have any questions, comments or suggestions, do not hesitate to contact us:
+34 91 563 30 66