REGISTRATION OPEN FOR PERIOD III OF 2022/23 ACADEMIC YEAR (FROM 1 ST TO 20 TH OF MARCH)
From the 1st and till 20th of March registration for Period III of 2022-23 academic year is open (Classes from 10th April to 2nd July)
- Normal quarterly (30 hours/quarter) courses: from October to June.
- Normal quartely for children (24 hours/quarter) courses: from October to June.
- On-demand classes or in-company courses for businesses and institutions.
ARABIC COURSE TYPES AND LEVELS
- Modern Standard Arabic • AME: nine year-long levels (AME I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX) each consisting of quarterly sub-levels A, B and C.
- Modern Standard Arabic for children • AME CIP (3 to 5 years old) and AME CIM (6 to 12 years old) each consisting of quarterly sub-levels A, B and C. Leven CIM will be divided in two groups depending on age.
- Moroccan Arabic (Darija) • DAR: two year-long levels (DAR I, II and III) each consisting of quarterly sub-levels A, B and C.
- Egyptian Arabic • EGP: two year-long levels (EGP I and II) each consisting of quarterly sub-levels A, B and C.
- Levantine Arabic • LEV: two year-long levels (LEV I, II and III) each consisting of quarterly sub-levels A, B and C. Variety spoken in Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Jordan.
- Conversation Courses • CONAME and CONDAR (in July only). Prerequisite: having completed sub-level C of the corresponding course level.
- Consolidation Courses • These include four sub-levels (I R, II R, III R and IV R) and are divided into two parts: 1) review of grammar, vocabulary, speaking and functional contents, and 2) review of lexical contents. Prerequisite: having completed sub-level C of the corresponding course level.
- Senior Course. It offers the student to learn Arabic on topics of their interest and is adapted to the needs of each student. There are no exams in this course.
- Preparation courses for official and university exams (PREO and PREU)
CLARIFICATIONS ON COURSE LEVELSIf you wish to register for the Language Center courses and you have studied Arabic at some prior time (in any sort of educational content, regardless of whether it was official), you must take our placement test.
If you have studied Arabic, but you only know the Arabic alphabet (letters and sounds) and a few basic notions (greetings, introductions, etc.), you should directly sign up for level AME I B.
If you have studied at the Language Center before and less than one year has gone by, you need not take the placement test (you can register for the level subsequent to the last level you successfully completed). If more than one year has elapsed, you must take the placement test.
PRACTICAL INFORMATIONThe classes are given at the Casa Árabe headquarters in Madrid and online.
In order to create a group, a minimum number of eight students must register, and a course will only begin if the required number of students sign up.
Once the Language Center has confirmed that the group will be created, there will be no refund of any registration fees.
If the group which you initially requested is not formed, then you may select one of other groups that has been created or ask to have the full registration fee refunded.
Contact InformationIf you have any questions, comments or suggestions, do not hesitate to contact us:
+34 91 563 30 66